FOOTBALL administrator Simataa Simataa has written to FIFA to suspend FAZ president Kalusha Bwalya over his alleged involvement in the US$80, 000 received from suspended FIFA vice-president Mohammed Bin Hammam to influence the 2022 World Cup bid.
Simataa disclosed yesterday that he had sent an email to the FIFA adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee alerting them to Kalusha’s alleged inappropriate conduct as reported by the Sunday Times of Britain last year.
The ethics committee on Thursday suspended FIFA president Sepp Blatter, his secretary general Jerome Valcke and vice president Michel Platini for 90 days while they are being investigated for corruption allegations.
“I have written to FIFA to also suspend FAZ president Kalusha Bwalya, alleging that he was among the 30 African football association leaders that received slush funds from former FIFA vice-president Mohammed Bin Hammam amounting to US$80,000 to influence the 2022 World Cup bid as reported by the Sunday Times of UK last year.
Simataa’s email showed to the Daily Nation said: ‘’Following your decision to provisionally ban FIFA president Sepp Blatter, UEFA president and FIFA vice-president Michel Platini, and FIFA secretary general Jerome Valcke for a duration of 90 days in the wake of a Swiss criminal investigation, I wonder whether this could apply to Kalusha Bwalya (president of FAZ, CAF exco member, FIFA Football Committee member.
“A local anti-corruption body called the Anti-Corruption Commission has instituted investigations which are currently underway. “You may wish to note that FAZ here does not have an ethics committee but under its constitutional provision on majeure can apply FIFA statutes and rules,” he said.
Simataa said he was expecting FIFA to respond by next week, but said he will not be worried if they ignored his email.
Meanwhile,head of club licencing Erick Mwanza says all is set for today’s Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) reconvened annual general meeting (AGM) at Government Complex in Lusaka.
Mwanza said the agenda of the meeting was to discuss the restructuring of the league and other pending issues from the previous AGM.
“Everything is in place for the reconvened AGM. The most cardinal matter is the restructuring of the league.
All FAZ members are welcome to this extraordinary meeting that will positively change the sport of soccer in the country,” he said.
Reacting to the news, Simataa said he did not accept the recommendation of the National Sports Council of Zambia (NSCZ) to allow the meeting to go ahead.
Simataa told the Daily Nation that the decision by NSCZ to allow an ’’ illegal meeting’’ to go ahead was a clear indication that it was not a dependable body.
“NSCZ wrote a letter for me to recommend that the FAZ meeting be held, but I refused yet they have allowed it. This is the reason why FAZ members are scared of coming out in the open because they know that the council will not protect them from victimisation, “he said.